Vengeance Demon Hunter
WoW Class Guide • WoW Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 • Noxxic Legacy
Tank Rotation & Cooldowns
During combat you are constantly making decisions for what to cast next. Knowing what to do and when is critical for being effecting at tanking. This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Vengeance Demon Hunter abilities and cooldowns.
Single Target Tank Rotation
When tanking one target, execute this priority to deal damage and build threat.
- Infernal Strike (Before 2 charges)
- Fel Devastation If >50 Fury
- Fiery Brand (On CD)
- Spirit Bomb If 4 or more Souls active
- Immolation Aura if you will not cap on souls
- Soul Cleave (for extra threat or to dump Fury)
- Sigil of Flame (On CD
- Throw Glaive (While waiting on other abilities)
Active Mitigation: Use these skills to mitigate damage.
- Demon Spikes should be maintained as much as possible.
- Fiery Brand to reduce the damage of a large incoming attack.
- Soul Barrier to mitigate medium damage attacks (if selected).
- Metamorphosis Use as needed for a large defensive cooldown.