WoW Class Guide • WoW Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 • Noxxic Legacy
Tank Rotation & Cooldowns
During combat you are constantly making decisions for what to cast next. Knowing what to do and when is critical for being effecting at tanking. This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Protection Warrior abilities and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Use this rotation for maximizing damage & defense when fighting one target.
- Shield Slam
- Thunder Clap
- Execute (When target <20% health & need to dump rage)
- Revenge (only if free cost or need to dump rage)
- Devastate (If not using the talent Devastator)
Note: Parrying or dodging an attack causes your next Revenge to cost no rage, which is the best time to be using it in order to maximize rage generation.
Use this rotation for maximizing damage & defense when fighting multiple targets.
- Demoralizing Shout Use proactively as a defense cooldown without Booming Voice. If you use Booming Voice, then use Demoralizing Shout on cooldown as the highest priority in your single-target rotation.
- Last Stand Use proactively to increase total health.
- Rallying Cry Use as directed by your group leader as a major damage mitigation cooldown.
- Spell Reflection Use proactively to prevent magic damage.
- Shield Wall Use proactively to prevent damage.
- Taunt Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.