WoW Class Guide • WoW Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 • Noxxic Legacy
Tank Rotation & Cooldowns
During combat you are constantly making decisions for what to cast next. Knowing what to do and when is critical for being effecting at tanking. This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Protection Paladin abilities and cooldowns.
Holy Power Gameplay
With Holy Power added in Shadowlands, you'll want to watch your Holy Power and make sure you never go over the cap.
Shield of the Righteous, Word of Glory These are the spells you'll be using to consume Holy Power. Shield of the Righteous should be used with 3-5 Holy Power, and Word of Glory should be used while at or below 50% health and with Shining Light.
The prioritization of abilities should look something like this:
- Consecration (If not underneath you)
- Hammer of Wrath
- Avengers Shield
- Hammer of the Righteous
- Consecration (Even if underneath you)
- Avenging Wrath Use as needed for burst damage and threat.
- Ardent Defender Use before receiving life threatening amounts of damage.
- Divine Shield Use as needed to reduce incoming damage.
- Guardian of Ancient Kings Use before receiving a large amount of damage.
- Lay On Hands Large survival cooldown. Coordinate with healers.
- Hand of Reckoning Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.