Frost Death Knight
WoW Class Guide • WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7
This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Frost Death Knight abilities and cooldowns.
- Obliterate (to consume runes)
- Howling Blast (with Rime procs)
- Frost Strike to spend Runic Power and to maintain Icy Talons and Unleashed Frenzy buffs
- Cast Remorseless Winter on cooldown.
- If talented with Glacial Advance, use in replacement of Frost Strike for AoE.
- Use Obliterate, Howling Blast, Frost Strike, and Remorseless Winter in the main DPS rotation.
- Use Glacial Advance instead of Frost Strike for AoE situations if talented.
- Apply Pillar of Frost when ready and combine with other abilities for amplified damage.
- Connect Empower Rune Weapon with Pillar of Frost and modify timing for Breath of Sindragosa or Obliteration.
- Use Frostwyrm's Fury in AoE situations with Pillar of Frost and multiple enemies.
- Use Breath of Sindragosa when available with Pillar of Frost and Empower Rune Weapon, preserving 60+ Runic Power.
- Use Abomination Limb when ready and hold for incoming enemy waves requiring consolidation.
- Invoke Horn of Winter for resource creation when necessary.
- Pillar of Frost
- Empower Rune Weapon (connect with Pillar of Frost periods)
- Frostwyrm's Fury (use with Pillar of Frost, or in AoE with Obliteration)
- Cold Heart (impacts Chains of Ice)
- Breath of Sindragosa (use with Pillar of Frost and Empower Rune Weapon)
- Obliteration (alters Pillar of Frost)
- Abomination Limb
- Horn of Winter