Frost Death Knight
WoW Class Guide • WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1
During combat you are constantly making decisions for what to cast next. Knowing what to do and when is critical for being effective at DPS. This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Frost Death Knight abilities and cooldowns.
- Obliterate (to consume runes)
- Howling Blast (with Rime procs)
- Frost Strike to spend Runic Power and to maintain Icy Talons and Unleashed Frenzy buffs
- Cast Remorseless Winter on cooldown.
- If talented with Glacial Advance, use in replacement of Frost Strike for AoE.
- Use Obliterate, Howling Blast, Frost Strike, and Remorseless Winter in the main DPS rotation.
- Use Glacial Advance instead of Frost Strike for AoE situations if talented.
- Apply Pillar of Frost when ready and combine with other abilities for amplified damage.
- Connect Empower Rune Weapon with Pillar of Frost and modify timing for Breath of Sindragosa or Obliteration.
- Use Frostwyrm's Fury in AoE situations with Pillar of Frost and multiple enemies.
- Use Breath of Sindragosa when available with Pillar of Frost and Empower Rune Weapon, preserving 60+ Runic Power.
- Use Abomination Limb when ready and hold for incoming enemy waves requiring consolidation.
- Invoke Horn of Winter for resource creation when necessary.
- Pillar of Frost
- Empower Rune Weapon (connect with Pillar of Frost periods)
- Frostwyrm's Fury (use with Pillar of Frost, or in AoE with Obliteration)
- Cold Heart (impacts Chains of Ice)
- Breath of Sindragosa (use with Pillar of Frost and Empower Rune Weapon)
- Obliteration (alters Pillar of Frost)
- Abomination Limb
- Horn of Winter