WoW Class Guide • WoW Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 • Noxxic Legacy
Healer Rotation & Cooldowns
During combat you are constantly making decisions for what to cast next. Knowing what to do and when is critical for being effecting at healing. This rotation guide should help give a basic understanding of what to do, what's most important, and how to prioritize Holy Paladin abilities and cooldowns.
Holy Paladins once again have Holy Power in Shadowlands which the healing gameplay will center around. While healing, always try and avoid going over the Holy Power cap, so be sure to keep an eye on it and spend it as needed.
Use the following spells as needed while healing, the ordering does reflect their priority.
Holy Shock This is mana efficient and generates Holy Power, and should be used as often as possible.
Hammer of Wrath This is an excellent low-mana spell for generating Holy Power.
Light of the Martyr A decent last-resort option to use if you are completely out of mana!
- Avenging Wrath or Avenging Crusader Use as needed for burst healing.
- Aura Mastery Use on cooldown to boost the effectiveness of your Aura.
- Divine Protection Powerful self-survival cooldown.
- Divine Shield Powerful self-survival cooldown. No downside for healers!
- Lay On Hands Major healing cooldown. Coordinate its use with other healers.
- Blessing of Sacrifice Redirect damage from other players.