Havoc Demon HuntervsSubtlety Rogue
Debating whether to play a Subtlety Rogue or Havoc Demon Hunter? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Subtlety Rogues and Havoc Demon Hunters using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.1.7 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 8.61% more maximum boss DPS than Subtlety Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 16.14% more maximum boss DPS than Subtlety Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 10.93% more AoE DPS than Subtlety Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Havoc Demon Hunter’s single-target DPS was -42.82% less affected by increased movement compared to Subtlety Rogues.
- Best gear scalingHavoc Demon Hunter scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 23.16% more from 422 ilvl to 446 compared to Subtlety Rogues.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsHavoc Demon Hunter’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 23.25% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Subtlety Rogues.
- Subtlety Rogue
- Simplest GameplaySubtlety Rogue has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Havoc Demon Hunter and Subtlety Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Havoc vs Assassination Rogue
- Havoc vs Enhancement Shaman
- Havoc vs Feral Druid
- Havoc vs Outlaw Rogue
- Havoc vs Subtlety Rogue
- Havoc vs Survival Hunter
- Havoc vs Windwalker Monk