Havoc Demon HuntervsOutlaw Rogue
Debating whether to play a Outlaw Rogue or Havoc Demon Hunter? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Outlaw Rogues and Havoc Demon Hunters using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 34.23% more maximum boss DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 35.99% more maximum boss DPS than Outlaw Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 65.02% more AoE DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Havoc Demon Hunter’s single-target DPS was -66.95% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Best gear scalingHavoc Demon Hunter scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 49.19% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Outlaw Rogue
- Simplest GameplayOutlaw Rogue has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsOutlaw Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 68.19% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Havoc Demon Hunters.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Havoc Demon Hunter and Outlaw Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Havoc vs Assassination Rogue
- Havoc vs Enhancement Shaman
- Havoc vs Feral Druid
- Havoc vs Outlaw Rogue
- Havoc vs Subtlety Rogue
- Havoc vs Survival Hunter
- Havoc vs Windwalker Monk