Enhancement ShamanvsHavoc Demon Hunter
Debating whether to play a Havoc Demon Hunter or Enhancement Shaman? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Havoc Demon Hunters and Enhancement Shamans using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Enhancement Shaman
- Simplest GameplayEnhancement Shaman has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 46.4% more maximum boss DPS than Enhancement Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 49.51% more maximum boss DPS than Enhancement Shaman when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 56.42% more AoE DPS than Enhancement Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Havoc Demon Hunter’s single-target DPS was -78.87% less affected by increased movement compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- Best gear scalingHavoc Demon Hunter scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 86.63% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsHavoc Demon Hunter’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 22.71% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Enhancement Shamans.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Enhancement Shaman and Havoc Demon Hunters, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Enhancement Shaman
- Enhancement vs Elemental
- Enhancement vs Assassination Rogue
- Enhancement vs Feral Druid
- Enhancement vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Enhancement vs Outlaw Rogue
- Enhancement vs Subtlety Rogue
- Enhancement vs Survival Hunter
- Enhancement vs Windwalker Monk