Assassination RoguevsHavoc Demon Hunter
Debating whether to play a Havoc Demon Hunter or Assassination Rogue? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Havoc Demon Hunters and Assassination Rogues using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Assassination Rogue
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Assassination Rogue’s single-target DPS was -186.08% less affected by increased movement compared to Havoc Demon Hunters.
- Simplest GameplayAssassination Rogue has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsAssassination Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 57.23% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Havoc Demon Hunters.
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 21.59% more maximum boss DPS than Assassination Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 20.37% more maximum boss DPS than Assassination Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Havoc Demon Hunter achieved 38.13% more AoE DPS than Assassination Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingHavoc Demon Hunter scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 28.91% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Assassination Rogues.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Assassination Rogue and Havoc Demon Hunters, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Assassination Rogue
- Assassination vs Outlaw
- Assassination vs Subtlety
- Assassination vs Enhancement Shaman
- Assassination vs Feral Druid
- Assassination vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Assassination vs Survival Hunter
- Assassination vs Windwalker Monk