Retribution Paladin PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Retribution Paladin abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Inquisition to maintain the buff (if selected).
- Execution Sentence on cooldown (if selected).
- Wake Of Ashes on cooldown with <= 1 Holy Power (if selected).
- Templars Verdict with >= 5 Holy Power.
- Hammer Of Wrath when available and <=4 Holy Power (if selected).
- Blade Of Justice or Blade Of Wrath (if selected) with <= 3 Holy Power.
- Judgment with <= 4 Holy Power.
- Consecration if you can hit 2+ targets and <= 4 Holy Power.
- Crusader Strike with <= 4 Holy Power
The Retribution Paladin AoE rotation is very similar to the single target rotation with the changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.