DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Retribution Paladin in PvE | Latest Patch 6.0.2
Guide configurations are temporarily disabled as data is rapidly changing for 6.0.2. Configurations will be re-enabled in a few days
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Buffs: Maintain these buffs at all times.
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Templars Verdict with >= 5 Holy Power.
- Hammer of Wrath when target is below 20% Health or with Avenging Wrath.
- Crusader Strike to build Holy Power.
- Judgment to build Holy Power.
- Exorcism to build Holy Power.
The Retribution Paladin rotation involves building and spending Holy Power. Build Holy Power with Hammer of Wrath, Crusader Strike, Exorcism, and Judgment. Spend Holy Power on Inquisition and Templars Verdict. Maintaining Inquisition is your top priority with extra Holy Power spent on Templars Verdict. Prioritize Holy Power builders over Templars Verdict unless you have 5 Holy Power. Also, watch for procs that reset the cooldown on Exorcism and use those procs immediately. Add Hammer of Wrath to the rotation when your target is below 20% Health.
Seal: Seal of Righteousness
- Divine Storm to spend Holy Power.
- Hammer of The Righteous to build Holy Power.
- Judgment and Exorcism to build Holy Power.
The Retributio Paladin AoE rotation is very similar to the single target rotation with two exceptions. With <= 4 targets, you should continue with the single target rotation but use Divine Storm as your Holy Power spender in the place of Templars Verdict. At > 4 targets, you should use Hammer of The Righteous as your primary Holy Power generator. However, Judgment and Exorcism may still be used to build Holy Power if Hammer of The Righteous is on cooldown and you do not have enough Holy Power to cast Divine Storm.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Selfless Healer is best used to cast a buffed Flash of Light on yourself or another player with low health.
- Clemency allows you to use Hand spells back-to-back before a cooldown. The use of Hand spells is specific to each fight, but you will need to remember that you have 2 charges for each Hand ability.
- Sanctified Wrath allows you to more frequently use Hammer of Wrath in your rotation with its decreased cooldown.
- Execution Sentence should be used on cooldown against targets that will live long enough to withstand the full duration of the ability.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Avenging Wrath Use on cooldown for burst damage.