Outlaw RoguevsWindwalker Monk
Debating whether to play a Windwalker Monk or Outlaw Rogue? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Windwalker Monks and Outlaw Rogues using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Outlaw Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 18.96% more maximum boss DPS than Windwalker Monk when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingOutlaw Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 19.24% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Windwalker Monks.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsOutlaw Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 12.19% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Windwalker Monks.
- Windwalker Monk
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Windwalker Monk achieved 10.36% more maximum boss DPS than Outlaw Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Windwalker Monk achieved 49.79% more AoE DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Windwalker Monk’s single-target DPS was -889.38% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayWindwalker Monk has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Outlaw Rogue and Windwalker Monks, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Outlaw Rogue
- Outlaw vs Assassination
- Outlaw vs Subtlety
- Outlaw vs Enhancement Shaman
- Outlaw vs Feral Druid
- Outlaw vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Outlaw vs Survival Hunter
- Outlaw vs Windwalker Monk