Fury WarriorvsUnholy Death Knight
Debating whether to play a Unholy Death Knight or Fury Warrior? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Unholy Death Knights and Fury Warriors using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Fury Warrior
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Fury Warrior achieved 51.83% more maximum boss DPS than Unholy Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Fury Warrior achieved 37.65% more maximum boss DPS than Unholy Death Knight when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Fury Warrior achieved 66.13% more AoE DPS than Unholy Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingFury Warrior scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 135.89% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Unholy Death Knights.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFury Warrior’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 0.29% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Unholy Death Knights.
- Unholy Death Knight
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Unholy Death Knight’s single-target DPS was -1,242.98% less affected by increased movement compared to Fury Warriors.
- Simplest GameplayUnholy Death Knight has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Fury Warrior and Unholy Death Knights, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons