Fury WarriorvsUnholy Death Knight
Debating whether to play a Unholy Death Knight or Fury Warrior? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Unholy Death Knights and Fury Warriors using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0.5 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Fury Warrior
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Fury Warrior achieved 10.94% more maximum boss DPS than Unholy Death Knight when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Fury Warrior’s single-target DPS was -89.38% less affected by increased movement compared to Unholy Death Knights.
- Simplest GameplayFury Warrior has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFury Warrior’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 53.33% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Unholy Death Knights.
- Unholy Death Knight
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Unholy Death Knight achieved 13.86% more maximum boss DPS than Fury Warrior when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Unholy Death Knight achieved 22.68% more AoE DPS than Fury Warrior when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingUnholy Death Knight scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 22.9% more from 372 ilvl to 422 compared to Fury Warriors.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Fury Warrior and Unholy Death Knights, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
- Unholy Death Knight
- DPS Rankings
- Unholy Death Knight Class Guide
- Unholy Death Knight Sim Details
More Spec Comparisons