Fury WarriorvsRetribution Paladin
Debating whether to play a Retribution Paladin or Fury Warrior? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Retribution Paladins and Fury Warriors using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Fury Warrior
- Simplest GameplayFury Warrior has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFury Warrior’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 73.02% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Retribution Paladins.
- Retribution Paladin
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Retribution Paladin achieved 49.33% more maximum boss DPS than Fury Warrior when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Retribution Paladin achieved 50.47% more maximum boss DPS than Fury Warrior when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Retribution Paladin achieved 12.77% more AoE DPS than Fury Warrior when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Retribution Paladin’s single-target DPS was -285.28% less affected by increased movement compared to Fury Warriors.
- Best gear scalingRetribution Paladin scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 97.49% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Fury Warriors.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Fury Warrior and Retribution Paladins, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons