Frost Death KnightvsFury Warrior
Debating whether to play a Fury Warrior or Frost Death Knight? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Fury Warriors and Frost Death Knights using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Frost Death Knight
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Frost Death Knight’s single-target DPS was -1,428.38% less affected by increased movement compared to Fury Warriors.
- Fury Warrior
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Fury Warrior achieved 43.75% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Fury Warrior achieved 27.27% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Death Knight when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Fury Warrior achieved 68.42% more AoE DPS than Frost Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Simplest GameplayFury Warrior has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFury Warrior’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 68.15% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Frost Death Knights.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Frost Death Knight and Fury Warriors, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons