Feral DruidvsOutlaw Rogue
Debating whether to play a Outlaw Rogue or Feral Druid? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Outlaw Rogues and Feral Druids using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Feral Druid
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Feral Druid achieved 25.38% more AoE DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Feral Druid’s single-target DPS was -32.59% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayFeral Druid has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Outlaw Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 22.5% more maximum boss DPS than Feral Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 22.15% more maximum boss DPS than Feral Druid when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingOutlaw Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 39.36% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Feral Druids.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsOutlaw Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 71.19% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Feral Druids.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Feral Druid and Outlaw Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Feral Druid
- Feral vs Balance
- Feral vs Assassination Rogue
- Feral vs Enhancement Shaman
- Feral vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Feral vs Outlaw Rogue
- Feral vs Subtlety Rogue
- Feral vs Survival Hunter
- Feral vs Windwalker Monk