Enhancement ShamanvsOutlaw Rogue
Debating whether to play a Outlaw Rogue or Enhancement Shaman? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Outlaw Rogues and Enhancement Shamans using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Enhancement Shaman
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 19.74% more AoE DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Simplest GameplayEnhancement Shaman has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Outlaw Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 18.5% more maximum boss DPS than Enhancement Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 21.12% more maximum boss DPS than Enhancement Shaman when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Outlaw Rogue’s single-target DPS was -36.07% less affected by increased movement compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- Best gear scalingOutlaw Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 25.1% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsOutlaw Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 75.41% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Enhancement Shamans.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Enhancement Shaman and Outlaw Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Enhancement Shaman
- Enhancement vs Elemental
- Enhancement vs Assassination Rogue
- Enhancement vs Feral Druid
- Enhancement vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Enhancement vs Outlaw Rogue
- Enhancement vs Subtlety Rogue
- Enhancement vs Survival Hunter
- Enhancement vs Windwalker Monk