Enhancement ShamanvsOutlaw Rogue
Debating whether to play a Outlaw Rogue or Enhancement Shaman? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Outlaw Rogues and Enhancement Shamans using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.1.7 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Enhancement Shaman
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 1.92% more maximum boss DPS than Outlaw Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 7.03% more maximum boss DPS than Outlaw Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Enhancement Shaman’s single-target DPS was -32.68% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Best gear scalingEnhancement Shaman scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 2.97% more from 422 ilvl to 446 compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayEnhancement Shaman has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsEnhancement Shaman’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 75.6% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Outlaw Rogue
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 14.27% more AoE DPS than Enhancement Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Enhancement Shaman and Outlaw Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Enhancement Shaman
- Enhancement vs Elemental
- Enhancement vs Assassination Rogue
- Enhancement vs Feral Druid
- Enhancement vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Enhancement vs Outlaw Rogue
- Enhancement vs Subtlety Rogue
- Enhancement vs Survival Hunter
- Enhancement vs Windwalker Monk