Elemental ShamanvsEnhancement Shaman
What’s the best spec for Shamans, Enhancement or Elemental? Below breaks down their current DPS potential and compares the two.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Enhancement Shamans and Elemental Shamans using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 9.2.5 • WoW Shadowlands • Season 4
- Elemental Shaman
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Elemental Shaman achieved 7.63% more AoE DPS than Enhancement Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Elemental Shaman’s single-target DPS was -40.9% less affected by increased movement compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- Least affected by movement (AoE)Elemental Shaman’s AoE DPS was -51.15% less affected by increased movement compared to Enhancement Shamans.
- Simplest GameplayElemental Shaman has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Enhancement Shaman
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 7.28% more maximum boss DPS than Elemental Shaman when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 3.44% more maximum boss DPS than Elemental Shaman when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in realistic settings)Enhancement Shaman achieved 4% more maximum AoE DPS than Elemental Shaman when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingEnhancement Shaman scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 9.03% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Elemental Shamans.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsEnhancement Shaman’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 4.26% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Elemental Shamans.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Elemental and Enhancement Shamans, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Elemental Shaman
- Elemental vs Enhancement
- Elemental vs Affliction Warlock
- Elemental vs Arcane Mage
- Elemental vs Balance Druid
- Elemental vs Demonology Warlock
- Elemental vs Destruction Warlock
- Elemental vs Fire Mage
- Elemental vs Frost Mage
- Elemental vs Shadow Priest