Devastation EvokervsShadow Priest
Debating whether to play a Shadow Priest or Devastation Evoker? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Shadow Priests and Devastation Evokers using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.1.7 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Devastation Evoker
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Devastation Evoker achieved 1.55% more maximum boss DPS than Shadow Priest when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Devastation Evoker achieved 22.71% more AoE DPS than Shadow Priest when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingDevastation Evoker scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 2.97% more from 422 ilvl to 446 compared to Shadow Priests.
- Simplest GameplayDevastation Evoker has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Shadow Priest
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Shadow Priest achieved 24.39% more maximum boss DPS than Devastation Evoker when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Shadow Priest’s single-target DPS was -82.37% less affected by increased movement compared to Devastation Evokers.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsShadow Priest’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 15.44% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Devastation Evokers.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Devastation Evoker and Shadow Priests, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Devastation Evoker
- Devastation vs Affliction Warlock
- Devastation vs Arcane Mage
- Devastation vs Balance Druid
- Devastation vs Demonology Warlock
- Devastation vs Destruction Warlock
- Devastation vs Elemental Shaman
- Devastation vs Fire Mage
- Devastation vs Frost Mage
- Devastation vs Shadow Priest