Destruction WarlockvsDevastation Evoker
Debating whether to play a Devastation Evoker or Destruction Warlock? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Devastation Evokers and Destruction Warlocks using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Destruction Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Destruction Warlock achieved 21.18% more maximum boss DPS than Devastation Evoker when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Destruction Warlock’s single-target DPS was -85.82% less affected by increased movement compared to Devastation Evokers.
- Devastation Evoker
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Devastation Evoker achieved 3.39% more maximum boss DPS than Destruction Warlock when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Devastation Evoker achieved 21.63% more AoE DPS than Destruction Warlock when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingDevastation Evoker scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 3.23% more from 446 ilvl to 488 compared to Destruction Warlocks.
- Simplest GameplayDevastation Evoker has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDevastation Evoker’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 27.8% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Destruction Warlocks.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Destruction Warlock and Devastation Evokers, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Destruction Warlock
- Destruction vs Affliction
- Destruction vs Demonology
- Destruction vs Arcane Mage
- Destruction vs Balance Druid
- Destruction vs Devastation Evoker
- Destruction vs Elemental Shaman
- Destruction vs Fire Mage
- Destruction vs Frost Mage
- Destruction vs Shadow Priest