Demonology WarlockvsFrost Mage
Debating whether to play a Frost Mage or Demonology Warlock? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Frost Mages and Demonology Warlocks using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Demonology Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 16.46% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 15.29% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Mage when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 34.46% more AoE DPS than Frost Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingDemonology Warlock scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 19.8% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Frost Mages.
- Simplest GameplayDemonology Warlock has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDemonology Warlock’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 39.17% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Frost Mages.
- Frost Mage
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Frost Mage’s single-target DPS was -46.64% less affected by increased movement compared to Demonology Warlocks.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Demonology Warlock and Frost Mages, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Demonology Warlock
- Demonology vs Affliction
- Demonology vs Destruction
- Demonology vs Arcane Mage
- Demonology vs Balance Druid
- Demonology vs Elemental Shaman
- Demonology vs Fire Mage
- Demonology vs Frost Mage
- Demonology vs Shadow Priest