Demonology WarlockvsDevastation Evoker
Debating whether to play a Devastation Evoker or Demonology Warlock? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Devastation Evokers and Demonology Warlocks using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Demonology Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 4.58% more maximum boss DPS than Devastation Evoker when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 24.71% more maximum boss DPS than Devastation Evoker when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 15.62% more AoE DPS than Devastation Evoker when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Demonology Warlock’s single-target DPS was -71.5% less affected by increased movement compared to Devastation Evokers.
- Best gear scalingDemonology Warlock scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 3.38% more from 446 ilvl to 488 compared to Devastation Evokers.
- Devastation Evoker
- Simplest GameplayDevastation Evoker has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDevastation Evoker’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 28.28% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Demonology Warlocks.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Demonology Warlock and Devastation Evokers, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Demonology Warlock
- Demonology vs Affliction
- Demonology vs Destruction
- Demonology vs Arcane Mage
- Demonology vs Balance Druid
- Demonology vs Devastation Evoker
- Demonology vs Elemental Shaman
- Demonology vs Fire Mage
- Demonology vs Frost Mage
- Demonology vs Shadow Priest