Demonology WarlockvsDestruction Warlock
What’s the best spec for Warlocks, Destruction or Demonology? Below breaks down their current DPS potential and compares the two.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Destruction Warlocks and Demonology Warlocks using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 9.2.5 • WoW Shadowlands • Season 4
- Demonology Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 5.61% more maximum boss DPS than Destruction Warlock when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 16.01% more AoE DPS than Destruction Warlock when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in realistic settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 17.91% more maximum AoE DPS than Destruction Warlock when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (AoE)Demonology Warlock’s AoE DPS was -28.18% less affected by increased movement compared to Destruction Warlocks.
- Best gear scalingDemonology Warlock scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 1.44% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Destruction Warlocks.
- Destruction Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Destruction Warlock achieved 3.97% more maximum boss DPS than Demonology Warlock when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Destruction Warlock’s single-target DPS was -66.81% less affected by increased movement compared to Demonology Warlocks.
- Simplest GameplayDestruction Warlock has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDestruction Warlock’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 47.48% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Demonology Warlocks.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Demonology and Destruction Warlocks, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Demonology Warlock
- Demonology vs Affliction
- Demonology vs Destruction
- Demonology vs Arcane Mage
- Demonology vs Balance Druid
- Demonology vs Elemental Shaman
- Demonology vs Fire Mage
- Demonology vs Frost Mage
- Demonology vs Shadow Priest