Balance DruidvsFrost Mage
Debating whether to play a Frost Mage or Balance Druid? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Frost Mages and Balance Druids using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Balance Druid
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Balance Druid achieved 3.51% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Balance Druid achieved 6.93% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Mage when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Balance Druid’s single-target DPS was -28.11% less affected by increased movement compared to Frost Mages.
- Best gear scalingBalance Druid scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 7.28% more from 446 ilvl to 488 compared to Frost Mages.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsBalance Druid’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 31.94% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Frost Mages.
- Frost Mage
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Frost Mage achieved 4% more AoE DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Simplest GameplayFrost Mage has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Balance Druid and Frost Mages, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Balance Druid
- Balance vs Feral
- Balance vs Affliction Warlock
- Balance vs Arcane Mage
- Balance vs Demonology Warlock
- Balance vs Destruction Warlock
- Balance vs Devastation Evoker
- Balance vs Elemental Shaman
- Balance vs Fire Mage
- Balance vs Frost Mage
- Balance vs Shadow Priest