Balance DruidvsFrost Mage
Debating whether to play a Frost Mage or Balance Druid? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Frost Mages and Balance Druids using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0.5 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Balance Druid
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Balance Druid achieved 48.46% more AoE DPS than Frost Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Balance Druid’s single-target DPS was -80.52% less affected by increased movement compared to Frost Mages.
- Frost Mage
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Frost Mage achieved 20.91% more maximum boss DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Frost Mage achieved 7.14% more maximum boss DPS than Balance Druid when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingFrost Mage scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 29.81% more from 372 ilvl to 422 compared to Balance Druids.
- Simplest GameplayFrost Mage has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFrost Mage’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 22.29% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Balance Druids.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Balance Druid and Frost Mages, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Balance Druid
- Balance vs Feral
- Balance vs Affliction Warlock
- Balance vs Arcane Mage
- Balance vs Demonology Warlock
- Balance vs Destruction Warlock
- Balance vs Devastation Evoker
- Balance vs Elemental Shaman
- Balance vs Fire Mage
- Balance vs Frost Mage
- Balance vs Shadow Priest