Balance DruidvsFeral Druid
What’s the best spec for Druids, Feral or Balance? Below breaks down their current DPS potential and compares the two.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Feral Druids and Balance Druids using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 9.2.5 • WoW Shadowlands • Season 4
- Balance Druid
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Balance Druid achieved 8.09% more maximum boss DPS than Feral Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Balance Druid achieved 5.27% more maximum boss DPS than Feral Druid when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Balance Druid achieved 27.48% more AoE DPS than Feral Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in realistic settings)Balance Druid achieved 19.97% more maximum AoE DPS than Feral Druid when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingBalance Druid scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 11.83% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Feral Druids.
- Feral Druid
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Feral Druid’s single-target DPS was -28.1% less affected by increased movement compared to Balance Druids.
- Least affected by movement (AoE)Feral Druid’s AoE DPS was -49.58% less affected by increased movement compared to Balance Druids.
- Simplest GameplayFeral Druid has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFeral Druid’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 42.45% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Balance Druids.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Balance and Feral Druids, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Balance Druid
- Balance vs Feral
- Balance vs Affliction Warlock
- Balance vs Arcane Mage
- Balance vs Demonology Warlock
- Balance vs Destruction Warlock
- Balance vs Elemental Shaman
- Balance vs Fire Mage
- Balance vs Frost Mage
- Balance vs Shadow Priest