Balance DruidvsDemonology Warlock
Debating whether to play a Demonology Warlock or Balance Druid? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Demonology Warlocks and Balance Druids using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Balance Druid
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Balance Druid’s single-target DPS was -515.04% less affected by increased movement compared to Demonology Warlocks.
- Demonology Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 36.92% more maximum boss DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 18.38% more maximum boss DPS than Balance Druid when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 62.6% more AoE DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Simplest GameplayDemonology Warlock has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDemonology Warlock’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 74.76% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Balance Druids.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Balance Druid and Demonology Warlocks, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Balance Druid
- Balance vs Feral
- Balance vs Affliction Warlock
- Balance vs Arcane Mage
- Balance vs Demonology Warlock
- Balance vs Destruction Warlock
- Balance vs Elemental Shaman
- Balance vs Fire Mage
- Balance vs Frost Mage
- Balance vs Shadow Priest