Assassination RoguevsWindwalker Monk
Debating whether to play a Windwalker Monk or Assassination Rogue? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Windwalker Monks and Assassination Rogues using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Assassination Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Assassination Rogue achieved 32.03% more maximum boss DPS than Windwalker Monk when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Assassination Rogue achieved 10.33% more maximum boss DPS than Windwalker Monk when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingAssassination Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 38% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Windwalker Monks.
- Windwalker Monk
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Windwalker Monk achieved 11.18% more AoE DPS than Assassination Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Windwalker Monk’s single-target DPS was 2,674.65% less affected by increased movement compared to Assassination Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayWindwalker Monk has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsWindwalker Monk’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 15.3% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Assassination Rogues.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Assassination Rogue and Windwalker Monks, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Assassination Rogue
- Assassination vs Outlaw
- Assassination vs Subtlety
- Assassination vs Enhancement Shaman
- Assassination vs Feral Druid
- Assassination vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Assassination vs Survival Hunter
- Assassination vs Windwalker Monk