Assassination RoguevsOutlaw Rogue
What’s the best spec for Rogues, Outlaw or Assassination? Below breaks down their current DPS potential and compares the two.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Outlaw Rogues and Assassination Rogues using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 9.2.5 • WoW Shadowlands • Season 4
- Assassination Rogue
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Assassination Rogue’s single-target DPS was -4.39% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Least affected by movement (AoE)Assassination Rogue’s AoE DPS was -33.71% less affected by increased movement compared to Outlaw Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayAssassination Rogue has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- Outlaw Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 3.52% more maximum boss DPS than Assassination Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 3.4% more maximum boss DPS than Assassination Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 21.82% more AoE DPS than Assassination Rogue when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in realistic settings)Outlaw Rogue achieved 14.98% more maximum AoE DPS than Assassination Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best gear scalingOutlaw Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 4.25% more from 282 ilvl to 308 compared to Assassination Rogues.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsOutlaw Rogue’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 64.31% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Assassination Rogues.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Assassination and Outlaw Rogues, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Assassination Rogue
- Assassination vs Outlaw
- Assassination vs Subtlety
- Assassination vs Enhancement Shaman
- Assassination vs Feral Druid
- Assassination vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Assassination vs Survival Hunter
- Assassination vs Windwalker Monk