Assassination RoguevsFeral Druid
Debating whether to play a Feral Druid or Assassination Rogue? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Feral Druids and Assassination Rogues using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Assassination Rogue
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Assassination Rogue achieved 2.45% more maximum boss DPS than Feral Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Assassination Rogue achieved 22.85% more AoE DPS than Feral Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingAssassination Rogue scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 1.99% more from 446 ilvl to 488 compared to Feral Druids.
- Feral Druid
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Feral Druid achieved 9.45% more maximum boss DPS than Assassination Rogue when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Feral Druid’s single-target DPS was -64.92% less affected by increased movement compared to Assassination Rogues.
- Simplest GameplayFeral Druid has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsFeral Druid’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 31.18% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Assassination Rogues.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Assassination Rogue and Feral Druids, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Assassination Rogue
- Assassination vs Outlaw
- Assassination vs Subtlety
- Assassination vs Enhancement Shaman
- Assassination vs Feral Druid
- Assassination vs Havoc Demon Hunter
- Assassination vs Survival Hunter
- Assassination vs Windwalker Monk