Arms WarriorvsFrost Death Knight
Debating whether to play a Frost Death Knight or Arms Warrior? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Frost Death Knights and Arms Warriors using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0 • WoW Dragonflight • Pre-patch
- Arms Warrior
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Arms Warrior achieved 54.22% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Arms Warrior achieved 41.43% more maximum boss DPS than Frost Death Knight when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Arms Warrior achieved 51.87% more AoE DPS than Frost Death Knight when there was no movement or lag.
- Simplest GameplayArms Warrior has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsArms Warrior’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 37.81% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Frost Death Knights.
- Frost Death Knight
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Frost Death Knight’s single-target DPS was -9,626.22% less affected by increased movement compared to Arms Warriors.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Arms Warrior and Frost Death Knights, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons