Arcane MagevsDevastation Evoker
Debating whether to play a Devastation Evoker or Arcane Mage? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Devastation Evokers and Arcane Mages using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.0.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Arcane Mage
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Arcane Mage achieved 0.97% more maximum boss DPS than Devastation Evoker when there was no movement or lag.
- Devastation Evoker
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Devastation Evoker achieved 3.16% more AoE DPS than Arcane Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Best gear scalingDevastation Evoker scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 12.66% more from 372 ilvl to 422 compared to Arcane Mages.
- Simplest GameplayDevastation Evoker has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDevastation Evoker’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 54.81% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Arcane Mages.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Arcane Mage and Devastation Evokers, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Arcane Mage
- Arcane vs Fire
- Arcane vs Frost
- Arcane vs Affliction Warlock
- Arcane vs Balance Druid
- Arcane vs Demonology Warlock
- Arcane vs Destruction Warlock
- Arcane vs Devastation Evoker
- Arcane vs Elemental Shaman
- Arcane vs Shadow Priest