Arcane MagevsDemonology Warlock
Debating whether to play a Demonology Warlock or Arcane Mage? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Demonology Warlocks and Arcane Mages using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.2 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Arcane Mage
- Demonology Warlock
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 5.43% more maximum boss DPS than Arcane Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 26.7% more maximum boss DPS than Arcane Mage when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Demonology Warlock achieved 20.69% more AoE DPS than Arcane Mage when there was no movement or lag.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Demonology Warlock’s single-target DPS was -72.57% less affected by increased movement compared to Arcane Mages.
- Best gear scalingDemonology Warlock scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 6.94% more from 446 ilvl to 488 compared to Arcane Mages.
- Simplest GameplayDemonology Warlock has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsDemonology Warlock’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 15.47% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Arcane Mages.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Arcane Mage and Demonology Warlocks, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Arcane Mage
- Arcane vs Fire
- Arcane vs Frost
- Arcane vs Affliction Warlock
- Arcane vs Balance Druid
- Arcane vs Demonology Warlock
- Arcane vs Destruction Warlock
- Arcane vs Devastation Evoker
- Arcane vs Elemental Shaman
- Arcane vs Shadow Priest