Arcane MagevsBalance Druid
Debating whether to play a Balance Druid or Arcane Mage? Knowing which currently performs better DPS in PvE might help make a decision.
This page analyzes multiple simulations for both Balance Druids and Arcane Mages using profiles and settings intended to achieve their maximum DPS. Multiple sim environments are used to test how they perform in various conditions. Is one the AoE king? Does one scale better with gear upgrades? Is one more bursty, and more reliant on big cooldowns? Below analyzes the data to find the strengths of each.
Simulation results were created with SimulationCraft
Using game data from Patch 10.1.7 • WoW Dragonflight •
- Arcane Mage
- Best boss DPS (in perfect settings)Arcane Mage achieved 2.51% more maximum boss DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Best AoE DPS (in perfect settings)Arcane Mage achieved 11.78% more AoE DPS than Balance Druid when there was no movement or lag.
- Balance Druid
- Best boss DPS (in realistic settings)Balance Druid achieved 20.6% more maximum boss DPS than Arcane Mage when dealing with occasional movement, lag and crowd-control.
- Least affected by movement (single-target)Balance Druid’s single-target DPS was -78.03% less affected by increased movement compared to Arcane Mages.
- Best gear scalingBalance Druid scaled better with increased item-levels, single-target DPS benefited 3.8% more from 422 ilvl to 446 compared to Arcane Mages.
- Simplest GameplayBalance Druid has fewer damaging abilities which could indicate a simpler rotation.
- DPS less dependant on big cooldownsBalance Druid’s DPS is less bursty, meaning it had more consistent damage. With 68.67% less difference in lowest and peak DPS during a fight when compared to Arcane Mages.
While the above highlights the DPS advantages between Arcane Mage and Balance Druids, the DPS potential should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, you should also consider the playstyle that you enjoy most while crushing it in Mythics+ and Raids!
More Spec Comparisons
- Arcane Mage
- Arcane vs Fire
- Arcane vs Frost
- Arcane vs Affliction Warlock
- Arcane vs Balance Druid
- Arcane vs Demonology Warlock
- Arcane vs Destruction Warlock
- Arcane vs Devastation Evoker
- Arcane vs Elemental Shaman
- Arcane vs Shadow Priest