Protection Warrior PvE Tanking Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Protection Warrior abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at tanking. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
Tanking Priority: Execute this priority to build Rage and threat.
- Shield Slam on cooldown.
- Thunder Clap on cooldown.
- Ravager on cooldown (if selected).
- Demoralizing Shout on cooldown to generate Rage via Booming Voice (if selected).
- Revenge whenever available.
- Devastate or Devastator as a filler ability.
- Intercept as often as possible, but only if safe to do so.
Active Mitigation: Use these skills to mitigate damage.
- Shield Block as needed to reduce physical damage taken.
- Ignore Pain as needed to reduce incoming spike damage.
- See single target priority.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Demoralizing Shout Use proactively as a defense cooldown without Booming Voice. If you use Booming Voice, then see the single target rotation for advice on how to use Demoralizing Shout.
- Last Stand Use proactively to increase total health.
- Rallying Cry Use as directed by your group leader as a major damage mitigation cooldown.
- Reflection Use proactively to prevent magic damage.
- Shield Wall Use proactively to prevent damage.
- Taunt Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.