DPS Rotation & Cooldowns (5.3)
Maintaining a proper Rotation and using the right Cooldowns is essential to maximizing your Fury Warrior. Use this guide to optimize your single target and AoE rotations while learning how to get the most out of your cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Stance: Use one of the following stances.
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS (2H and DW).
- Bloodthirst on cooldown. Applies Deep Wounds.
- Colossus Smash as often as possible.
- Heroic Leap if Colossus Smash buff is up. Not on the GCD!
- Heroic Strike to dump Rage (40+) when Colossus Smash is up. Not on the GCD!
- Execute as a Rage dump when target is below 20% health.
- Raging Blow whenever available.
- Wild Strike when Bloodsurge procs.
- Heroic Throw if Colossus Smash buff is up.
- Impending Victory if target is above 20% health.
Fury Warrior DPS follows the priority outlined above. Use Bloodthirst as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting). Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage (40+) during this time.
After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Use Raging Blow whenever available and save Wild Strike for Bloodsurge procs. Finally, use Heroic Throw and Impending Victory as filer abilities when low on Rage.
With 2 targets, continue with the single target rotation. For 3-5 targets, use Whirlwind 3 times to build up Meat Cleaver and then use Raging Blow to hit multiple targets. Repeat this cycle until things are dead. At 6+ targets, just spam Whirlwind. Use Dragon Roar on cooldown.
These effective cooldowns are available if you chose them in your talent build.
- Dragon Roar Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
- Bloodbath Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.