DPS Rotation & Cooldowns (5.4.7)
Maintaining a proper Rotation and using the right Cooldowns is essential to maximizing your Arms Warrior. Use this guide to optimize your single target and AoE rotations while learning how to get the most out of your cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Stance: Use one of the following stances.
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Mortal Strike on cooldown. Applies Deep Wounds.
- Colossus Smash Use as often as possible. Watch for Sudden Death procs.
- Heroic Leap if Colossus Smash buff is up. Not on the GCD!
- Heroic Strike to dump Rage (70+) when Colossus Smash is up. Not on the GCD!
- Execute on cooldown when target is below 20% health.
- Overpower whenever available.
- Slam to dump Rage (40+) when target is above 20% Health.
Arms Warrior DPS follows the priority outlined above. Use Mortal Strike as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting) and make sure to not waste any Sudden Death procs. Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage (70+) during this time.
After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Cast Overpower as frequently as possible to consume Taste For Blood procs. Finally, use Slam as a filler to dump Rage when you have a moderate amount (40+) and your target is above 20% health.
With 2-3 targets, use Thunder Clap to apply Deep Wounds then activate Sweeping Strikes and proceed with the single target rotation. Maintain Sweeping Strikes as much as possible and refresh Deep Wounds every 15 seconds. At 4+ targets, use Thunder Clap to apply and maintain Deep Wounds and spam Whirlwind. Don’t forget to use Heroic Leap to quickly close the gap to AoE targets. Use Dragon Roar on cooldown.
These effective cooldowns are available if you chose them in your talent build.
- Dragon Roar Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
- Bloodbath Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.