DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Destruction Warlock in PvE | Latest Patch 6.1
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Shadowburn when target is below 20% health. Consumes Burning Embers.
- Immolate maintained at all times. Refresh with <= 4 sec remaining.
- Conflagrate with 2 charges. Provides Backdraft and builds Burning Embers.
- Chaos Bolt with >= 3.5 Burning Embers or with major buffs.
- Conflagrate with 1 charge.
- Incinerate as a filler spell and to generate Burning Embers.
Destruction Warlock DPS depends on building and consuming Burning Embers. Your top priority is to consume Burning Embers on Shadowburn when the target is below 20% health. To execute the DPS priority, maintain Immolate at all times and refresh with <= 4 sec remaining. Cast Conflagrate with 2 charges. Next, cast Chaos Bolt when you have >= 3.5 Burning Embers or whenever you are buffed with a major enchant/trinket buff or Dark Soul Instability. Use Conflagrate with only 1 charge. Finally, use Incinerate as a filler spell and to build Burning Embers.
- Rain of Fire maintained at all times.
- Fire And Brimstone with 4+ targets.
- Havoc with < 5 targets or to maintain DPS on a priority target.
With 2-3 targets, maintain the single target rotation while keeping Immolate on as many targets as possible and Rain of Fire active at all times. You should also use Havoc on your primary target with Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn depending on their health. At 4-5 targets, activate Fire And Brimstone and cast Immolate -> Conflagrate -> Incinerate in that order to deal their damage to multiple targets. Continue to use Havoc when possible on your primary target. Finally, at 6+ targets, you should continue the aforementioned rotation but only use Havoc with Shadowburn.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Grimoire of Service should be used as often as possible to summon an additional demon. As Destruction, you should summon an additional Summon Felhunter demon.
- Archimondes Darkness mostly provides its benefits passively and does not change your rotation. Just remember to use your Dark Soul Instability more frequently.
- Demonic Servitude passively allows you to maintain your Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal as permanent demon pets. Use Summon Doomguard for single-target damage and Summon Infernal for AoE damage.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.