Demonology Warlock PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Demonology Warlock abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Doom maintain at all times (if selected).
- Summon Vilefiend on cooldown (if selected).
- Call Dreadstalkers on cooldown. Watch for Demonic Calling procs (if selected).
- Hand Of Guldan with 3+ Soul Shards.
- Power Siphon on cooldown with <= 2 Demonic Core (if selected).
- Demonbolt with Demonic Core buff to build Soul Shards.
- Soul Strike to generate Soul Shards (if selected)
- Felstorm on cooldown (via your Summon Felguard).
- Shadow Bolt as a filler spell and to build Soul Shards.
Your default demon choice for Demonology DPS is Summon Felguard.
- See single target priority.
- Use Implosion with 3+ Wild Imps.
The AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation, with the notable change of using Implosion for additional AoE damage via your Wild Imps.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Summon Demonic Tyrant Use on cooldown for additional damage.
- Demonic Strength Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).
- Bilescourge Bombers Use on cooldown for additional AoE damage (if selected).
- Grimoire Felguard Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).
- Nether Portal Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).