DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Demonology Warlock in PvE | Latest Patch 6.0.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Demonic Fury Builders: Follow this priority to build Demonic Fury.
- Corruption maintained at all times. Refresh with Metamorphosis Touch of Chaos.
- Hand of Guldan cast with 2 charges.
- Hand of Guldan cast with 1 charge and <= 3 sec remaining on the current DoT.
- Soul Fire with >= 4 Molten Core or on cooldown with a target below 25% health.
- Shadow Bolt as a filler spell.
Metamorphosis Priority: Follow this priority while in Metamorphosis demon form.
- Enter Metamorphosis before Demonic Fury caps or when you need to deal extra damage.
- Metamorphosis Doom maintained at all times. Refresh with <= 18 sec remaining.
- Metamorphosis Touch of Chaos to refresh Corruption with <= 5 sec remaining.
- Soul Fire with Molten Core procs or on cooldown with a target below 25% health.
- Metamorphosis Touch of Chaos as a filler spell and to dump excess Demonic Fury.
Demonology Warlock DPS involves building up Demonic Fury to then enter Metamorphosis and spend the Demonic Fury on powerful demon form abilities. To build Demonic Fury, maintain Corruption and cast Hand of Guldan with 2 charges or with 1 charge when the Hand of Guldan DoT has 2-3 sec remaining. Use Soul Fire when you have >= 4 Molten Core or on cooldown when the target is below 25% health. Use Shadow Bolt as a filler spell.
Activate Metamorphosis whenever Demonic Fury is about to cap or you need to deal additional damage. In Metamorphosis, maintain Metamorphosis Doom at all times and refresh when it has <= 18 sec remaining. Use Metamorphosis Touch of Chaos to refresh your Corruption with <= 5 sec remaining. Cast Soul Fire with every Molten Core proc or on cooldown when the target is below 25% health. Finally, use Metamorphosis Touch of Chaos as a filler spell and to dump excess Demonic Fury to prevent capping while in Metamorphosis.
- Hand of Guldan on as many targets as possible.
- Metamorphosis Immolation Aura maintained during Metamorphosis.
- Hellfire with >= 4 targets.
- Soul Fire with 10 Molten Core.
In Metamorphosis, apply Metamorphosis Doom to as many targets as possible and maintain Metamorphosis Immolation Aura. Only use Metamorphosis Chaos Wave for burst AoE damage on targets that are near death.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Grimoire of Service should be used as often as possible to summon an additional demon. As Demonology, you should summon an additional Summon Felguard demon.
- Archimondes Darkness mostly provides its benefits passively and does not change your rotation. Just remember to use your Dark Soul Knowledge more frequently.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.