Affliction Warlock PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Affliction Warlock abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Agony maintained at all times.
- Corruption maintained at all times.
- Siphon Life maintained at all times (if selected).
- Shadow Bolt to maintain the Shadow Embrace buff (if selected).
- Unstable Affliction to dump Soul Shards.
- Shadow Bolt or Drain Soul to consume Nightfall procs (if selected).
- Haunt on cooldown (if selected).
- Deathbolt on cooldown (if selected). Try to use right after refreshing your DoTs.
- Shadow Bolt or Drain Soul as a filler spell.
Your default demon choice for Affliction DPS is Summon Felhunter.
- See single target rotation.
- Manually maintain Agony on up to 5 targets.
- Seed Of Corruption to maintain Corruption on 2+ targets.
- Use Phantom Singularity or Vile Taint on cooldown (if selected).
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.