DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Affliction Warlock in PvE | Latest Patch 6.1.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Agony maintained at all times. Refresh at <= 7 sec.
- Corruption maintained at all times. Refresh at <= 5 sec.
- Unstable Affliction maintained at all times. Refresh at <= 4 sec.
- Haunt with 4 Soul Shard and a major buff/proc.
- Drain Soul as a filler spell.
Affliction Warlock DPS follows the priority outlined above. Maintain Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction at all times. The easiest way to do this at the start of a fight is to cast Soulburn + Soul Swap to instantly apply your DoTs. After that, refresh each DoT manually as directed above. Apply or refresh Haunt whenever the debuff is not present, you have 4 Soul Shard, and you are buffed by a trinket or Dark Soul Misery. Finally, use Drain Soul as your filler spell.
With < 4 targets, continue with the single target rotation while applying your DoTs on as many targets as possible. At 5+ targets, you should use Soulburn + Seed of Corruption to quickly apply Corruption to all targets. Continue to apply your other DoTs to as many targets as possible and use Seed of Corruption + Soulburn as needed.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Grimoire of Service should be used as often as possible to summon an additional demon. As Affliction, you should summon an additional Summon Felhunter demon.
- Archimondes Darkness mostly provides its benefits passively and does not change your rotation. Just remember to use your Dark Soul Misery more frequently.
- Demonic Servitude passively allows you to maintain your Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal as permanent demon pets. Use Summon Doomguard for single-target damage and Summon Infernal for AoE damage.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.