Restoration Shaman PvE Healing Rotation - 7.0.3
Below is our guide for prioritize your Restoration Shaman abilities optimally in encounters. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at healing. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
Healing Priority: Use this spell priority for single target healing.
- Riptide placed on as many targets as possible. Provides Tidal Waves.
- Healing Wave used to heal moderate to high damage. Consumes Tidal Waves.
- Restoration Healing Surge is an emergency heal to save players facing death. Consumes Tidal Waves.
Restoration Shaman single target healing loosely follows the priority above. Maintain Riptide on as many targets as possible. Work your way down the priority list based on the amount of damage received by your target. Remember to consume Tidal Waves charges with Healing Wave or Restoration Healing Surge based on the amount of healing required and the time you have available to heal your target.
What are the best totems?: The most relevant totems to Restoration Shamans are all used as healing cooldowns and are discussed in the cooldown section of the this guide.
- Riptide maintained on as many targets as possible. Provides Tidal Waves.
- Chain Heal used to heal moderate to high damage. Provides Tidal Waves.
- Healing Rain used to heal heavy area damage.
For AoE healing, Riptide should be maintained on 3 more more targets at all times. Chain Heal should be used when 3 or more players need healing. It is often quite effective to cast Chain Heal on the tank to heal the melee or any one else around.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Bloodlust Epic group cooldown. Use as directed by your party/raid leader.
- Healing Stream Totem Use on cooldown for passive smart healing.
- Healing Tide Totem Use as needed for significant AoE healing.
- Spirit Link Totem Use for emergency group healing.
- Spiritwalkers Grace Use during periods of high movement to maintain healing.
- Cloudburst Totem Use on cooldown for additional healing (if selected).