DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Enhancement Shaman in PvE | Latest Patch 6.0.2
Guide configurations are temporarily disabled as data is rapidly changing for 6.0.2. Configurations will be re-enabled in a few days
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Buffs: Maintain these buffs at all times.
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Searing Totem is maintained at all times.
- Lightning Bolt with 5 Maelstrom Weapon.
- Stormstrike / Windstrike on cooldown.
- Lava Lash on cooldown.
- Flame Shock refresh DoT when Unleash Flame is up.
- Unleash Elements on cooldown.
- Frost Shock on cooldown.
- Lightning Bolt as a filler spell with 1+ Maelstrom Weapon.
The key to Enhancement Shaman DPS is to keep Searing Totem down and to use Lightning Bolt with 5 Maelstrom Weapon. From here, cast Stormstrike on cooldown. Stormstrike becomes Windstrike during Ascendance, but maintains the same position in your rotation. Casting Lava Lash on cooldown is your next priority. After this, you should maintain the DoT from Flame Shock by applying and refreshing Flame Shock when buffed by Unleash Flame. inally, use Frost Shock on cooldown and Lightning Bolt as filler spells with 1+ Maelstrom Weapon.
What are the best totems?: The most relevant totems to Enhancement Shamans are all used as DPS cooldowns and are discussed in the cooldown section of the this guide.
- Flame Shock -> Lava Lash to maintain the DoT.
- Fire Nova on cooldown. Use with Unleash Flame when possible.
- Chain Lightning with 5 Maelstrom Weapon
- Magma Totem is maintained at all times.
The Enhancement Shaman AoE rotations begins with 2+ enemies. To execute this rotation, use Flame Shock on a target and then use Lava Lash to spread and maintain your Flame Shock DoT on all enemieis. After this, use Fire Nova on cooldown and buff Fire Nova with Unleash Flame as often as possible. Next, cast Chain Lightning with 5 Maelstrom Weapon while maintaining Magma Totem at all times.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Ancestral Swiftness should be used to instant-cast a potent spell with a long cast time. As Enhancement, the best use of Ancestral Swiftness is to instant-cast Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning.
- Primal Elementalist turns your Elemental totems into temporary pets with unique and powerful abilities. Most importantly, your Fire Elemental Totem gains Empower and your Earth Elemental Totem gains Reinforce. Always remember to instruct your Elemental pet to channel Reinforce or Empower on you, when the pets are available. As Enhancement, Empower serves as a valuable damage cooldown.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.