DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Enhancement Shaman in PvE | Latest Patch 6.1
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Buffs: Maintain these buffs at all times.
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Searing Totem is maintained at all times.
- Lightning Bolt with 5 Maelstrom Weapon.
- Stormstrike / Windstrike on cooldown.
- Lava Lash on cooldown. Watch for Improved Flame Shock procs.
- Flame Shock refresh with <= 9 sec remaining when Unleash Flame is up.
- Unleash Elements on cooldown.
- Frost Shock on cooldown.
- Lightning Bolt as a filler spell with 1+ Maelstrom Weapon.
The key to Enhancement Shaman DPS is to keep Searing Totem down and to use Lightning Bolt with 5 Maelstrom Weapon. From here, cast Stormstrike on cooldown. Stormstrike becomes Windstrike during Ascendance, but maintains the same position in your rotation. Casting Lava Lash on cooldown is your next priority, remember to watch for Improved Flame Shock procs that reset the cooldown on Lava Lash. After this, you should maintain the DoT from Flame Shock by applying and refreshing Flame Shock when buffed by Unleash Flame. However, only refresh Flame Shock when the DoT has <= 9 sec remaining. Finally, use Frost Shock on cooldown and Lightning Bolt as filler spells with 1+ Maelstrom Weapon.
What are the best totems?: The most relevant totems to Enhancement Shamans are all used as DPS cooldowns and are discussed in the cooldown section of the this guide.
- Flame Shock -> Lava Lash to maintain the DoT.
- Fire Nova on cooldown. Use with Unleash Flame when possible.
- Chain Lightning with 5 Maelstrom Weapon
- Magma Totem is maintained at all times.
The Enhancement Shaman AoE rotations begins with 2+ enemies. To execute this rotation, use Flame Shock on a target and then use Lava Lash to spread and maintain your Flame Shock DoT on all enemieis. After this, use Fire Nova on cooldown and buff Fire Nova with Unleash Flame as often as possible. Next, cast Chain Lightning with 5 Maelstrom Weapon while maintaining Magma Totem at all times.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Ancestral Swiftness should be used to instant-cast a potent spell with a long cast time. As Enhancement, the best use of Ancestral Swiftness is to instant-cast Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning.
- Enhancement Unleashed Fury does not significantly alter your rotation. Continue to use Unleash Elements as often as possible for the attack speed buff and to increase the damage of your next Lava Lash.
- Storm Elemental Totem summons a totem that deals damage and heals nearby allies for the damage dealt. As Enhancement, you should use the Storm Elemental Totem after your Fire Elemental Totem.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.