Elemental Shaman PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Elemental Shaman abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.
- Elemental Flame Shock to maintain the DoT.
- Elemental Blast on cooldown (if selected).
- Icefury on cooldown (if selected)
- Lava Burst when available. Watch for Lava Surge procs.
- Earth Shock when you have >= 60 Maelstrom.
- Frost Shock to consume the Icefury buff (if selected)
- Elemental Lightning Bolt as a filler spell and to build Maelstrom.
- Frost Shock as a filler spell when you need to move.
- See single target rotation.
- Earthquake Totem maintained with 3+ targets.
- Swap Elemental Lightning Bolt with Elemental Chain Lightning as a filler and to build Maelstrom with 2+ targets.
The Elemental Shaman AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Bloodlust Epic group cooldown. Use as directed by your party/raid leader.
- Fire Elemental or Storm Elemental Cast with as many self-buffs as possible to maximize DPS.
- Elemental Ascendance Use on cooldown for additional damage. Execute your rotation as normal with the enhanced abilities (if selected).
- Stormkeeper Use on cooldown for additional AoE damage (if selected).
- Elemental Mastery Use on cooldown for burst damage (if selected).
- Totem Mastery Maintain as much as possible (if selected).
- Liquid Magma Totem Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).