Subtlety Rogue PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0.1
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Subtlety Rogue abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Symbols Of Death to maintain the buff.
- Nightblade maintained with >= 5 Combo Point refreshes.
- Shadow Dance with 2 or more charges.
- Eviscerate to dump excess Combo Points.
- Shadowstrike when available to build Combo Points.
- Backstab to build Combo Points.
Shadow Dance is a key ability to the Subtlety rotation and should be used whenever it hits 2 or more charges. Try not to burn through all charges until you need to perform burst damage. Watch for additional charges of Shadow Dance when you use a finishing move thanks to Deepening Shadows.
- See single target priority.
- Swap Backstab and Shadowstrike with Shuriken Storm to build Combo Points with 2+ targets.
- Use Secret Technique on cooldown (if selected).
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.