DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Combat Rogue in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Poison: Use the following poisons on your weapons.
Combo Point Builders: Follow this priority to generate Combo Points.
- Ambush is used whenever possible.
- Revealing Strike is only used to maintain its debuff.
- Sinister Strike is used to generate CP.
Finishing Moves: Follow this priority to spend Combo Points.
The Combat Rogue DPS rotation revolves around maintaining the Slice And Dice and Revealing Strike buffs while dumping your excess Combo Points into Eviscerate. To build Combo Points, you should use Ambush whenever possible. After this, only use Revealing Strike as needed to maintain its debuff. Sinister Strike is your primary Combo Point Builder. After building Combo Points, your top priorty is to maintain Slice And Dice at all times via 5 CP refreshes. Finally, dump your excess CP into 5 CP Eviscerate.
At > 1 target activate Blade Flurry, but otherwise continue with the single target priority. At 6+ targets, continue to build Combo Points using the single target priority but use Crimson Tempest as your Combo Point dump instead of Eviscerate.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Shadow Focus allows you to cast a low-cost Ambush as you exit Stealth and again after every Vanish cooldown.
- Marked For Death is best used for burst DPS and is especially potent on weaker targets that will quickly die and reset the cooldown on Marked For Death.
- Venom Rush passively boosts your Energy and to maximize the talent you should maintain your poisons on up to 3 targets at all times.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
Combat Rogues must pay extra attention to their cooldowns as many of them have their cooldown time reduced with each Combo Point spent thanks to Ruthlessness.