Assassination Rogue PvE DPS Rotation - 7.2.5
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Assassination Rogue abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
Poison: Use the following poisons on your weapons.
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Rupture maintained with >= 5 Combo Points.
- Hemorrhage to maintain the DoT (if selected).
- Garrote to maintain the DoT.
- Kingsbane on cooldown.
- Exsanguinate on cooldown (if selected).
- Envenom to dump excess Combo Points.
- Mutilate to build Combo Points.
- See single target rotation.
- Maintain your DoTs on as many targets as possible.
- Swap Mutilate for Fan Of Knives to build Combo Points with 3+ targets.
The Assassination Rogue AoE rotation is very similar to the single target rotation with the changes noted above. Your highest priority is to maintain your Bleeds on as many targets as possible while continuing with your single target rotation and to integrate Fan Of Knives with multiple targets.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.