DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Assassination Rogue in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2.3
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Poison: Use the following poisons on your weapons.
Combo Point Builders: Follow this priority to generate Combo Points.
- Dispatch with a target below 35% health or Blindside procs.
- Mutilate with a target above 35% health.
Finishing Moves: Follow this priority to spend Combo Points.
The Assassination DPS rotation revolves around maintaining Rupture while building and spending your Combo Points. To build Combo Points, you should use Dispatch when a target is below 35% health or Blindside procs. If Dispatch is not available, then you should use Mutilate to build Combo Points. After this, your top priority for spending Combo Points is to apply and maintain a 5 CP Rupture at all times, but try to only refresh the DoT with <= 7 sec remaining. Finally, dump your excess Combo Points into 5 CP Envenom.
When <= 3 targets, simply continue with the single target rotation but apply Rupture on each target. Between 4-5 targets, you should continue to apply Rupture to all targets and switch to Fan of Knives as your Combo Point builder. With 6+ targets, you should abandon the single target rotation and use Fan of Knives to build Combo Points and spend them on 5 CP Crimson Tempest.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Shadow Focus allows you to cast a low-cost Ambush as you exit Stealth and again after every Vanish cooldown.
- Anticipation mostly provides its benefits passively. The additional Combo Point storage does not change your rotation, except to make it easier and more forgiving. Remember to spend down your Combo Points when you reach 3+ Anticipation charges to prevent losing any additional Combo Points that you might generate.
- Shadow Reflection should be used just before you begin a burst DPS phase with your other major DPS cooldowns.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.