Shadow Priest PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Shadow Priest abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Void Eruption at 100 Insanity (70 Insanity if Legacy Of The Void is selected) to activate Voidform.
- Shadow Word Pain maintained at all times.
- Vampiric Touch maintained at all times.
- Void Bolt whenever available.
- Mind Blast or Shadow Word Void on cooldown.
- Shadow Word Death whenever available (if selected).
- Dark Void on cooldown (if selected).
- Shadow Crash on cooldown (if selected).
- Void Torrent on cooldown (if selected).
- Mind Flay as a filler ability.
Shadow Priest DPS priority involves two phases. The first phase is executed in Shadowform to build Insanity so that you can enter Voidform for additional damage. However, the rotation remains largely the same in both forms.
Your AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation, but with the following changes noted above. Also, with <= 3 targets, maintain your Shadow Word Pain and Vampiric Touch on all targets. At 4+ targets, only maintain Shadow Word Pain and execute the rest of the multi-target rotation.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.