Heal Rotation & Cooldowns for Holy Priest in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2.4
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Healing Priority: Use this spell priority for single target healing.
- Binding Heal as a small heal for yourself and another player. Builds Serendipity.
- Renew for low to moderate healing on as many targets as possible.
- Prayer of Mending to heal moderate amounts of damage.
- Heal to heal moderate to high amounts of damage.
- Flash Heal as an emergency heal to save players facing death.. Builds Serendipity.
Holy Priest single target healing follows the priority above. Use Renew and Binding Heal as much as possible and work your way down the priority based on the amount of damage received by your target. Prayer of Mending provides moderate healing and should be used on cooldown. Heal provides strong single target healing for high amounts of damage and Flash Heal is your emergency heal. It is also important to watch for Serendipity and consume the buff on Heal for single target healing.
Chakra Serenity is an important single target healing cooldown that should be used as often as possible. During the effects of Chakra Serenity you should use Holy Word Serenity on the target taking the most damage and use single target spells on as many targets as possible to refresh your Renew.
- Renew to heal low to moderate damage on as many targets as possible.
- Binding Heal to build Serendipity.
- Prayer of Mending on cooldown for any AoE healing.
- Circle of Healing on every cooldown for moderate to heavy AoE healing.
- Prayer of Healing for spamming to heal through high raid damage.
Renew should be maintained on as many targets as possible during low to moderate periods of AoE healing. Additionally, you should work in as many Binding Heal as possible to build Serendipity. As AoE damage increase, you will need to use Prayer of Mending on cooldown followed by Circle of Healing. Prayer of Healing is used during periods of intense damage when your other heals are on cooldown. Remember to consume Serendipity on Prayer of Healing.
Chakra of Sanctuary is an important AoE healing cooldown that should be used as often as possible. While Chakra of Sanctuary is active, you should maintain Holy Word Sanctuary on the ground under the players taking the most damage. Otheriwse, continue your AoE rotation as normal but remember that you will be able to use Circle of Healing more frequently thanks to the cooldown reduction provided by Chakra of Sanctuary.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Surge of Light mostly provides its benefits passively. Just be mindful of the procs and make sure to consume them as soon as they stack to 2. This prevent potential future procs from being wasted.
- Power Infusion is best used as a strong burst cooldown and should be used as often as possible.
- Cascade should be used as often as possible. As Holy, prioritize Cascade when it can be used to heal multiple players in a spread-out group.
- Words of Mending allows you to passively cast a free Prayer of Mending for every 10 other healing or shielding abilities you use. Remember to use your free Prayer of Mending as soon as you hit 10 stacks of the Words of Mending buff.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Chakra Sanctuary Use as directed in the AoE healing rotation section.
- Chakra Serenity Use as directed in the single target healing rotation section.
- Divine Hymn Use as needed to heal major raid damage.
- Guardian Spirit Use to prevent the death of key players in your party/raid.
- Lightwell Use on cooldown for group healing. Train your group to click it!